Monday, October 29, 2012

Learning Socks

I am currently knitting actively on 3 projects.  And spinning for another.  I have the TV project (Radiating Star Blanket), the complicated project (It's a stole that's been on the needles forever--I keep making it longer), and a portable project, which is currently my daughter's leg warmers.

The leg warmers are the portable project that replaced the sock's I just finished while up at Bear Lake.  I wasn't sure I was going to like them, but I've been wearing them constantly since.  The pattern is just from a simple sock recipe.



I’m calling these learning sock, as in learning a lesson.  I got this sock yarn from my wonderful friend Valerie when I was in distress. She showed up at my house with two types of sock yarn, and offered me my pick. Is that not friendship? Trouble was, I had trouble picking. I loved the one yarn more, but this yarn would match a favorite pair of shoes perfectly. I waffled, and generous Valerie gave me both. I’ve felt guilty about that for a few years now, and I’m finally finishing these socks just as those shoes wear out.



Lesson for self: just love what you love and admit it. Don’t try to optimize every equation.

No comments:

Post a Comment