Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Happy PI Day!


If y'all didn't know, today was PI day....you know, 3.14, March 14? This holiday must be celebrated by eating pie, of course! This was my second pi day, as I just learned about it last year. I just had a fantastic day of pie, intermingled with high stress of a science fair and minor crisis for my Mom.

On a low-fat diet and everything, I managed to love pie day! (OK, I cheated a little). For lunch, we had beef and chicken pot pies, chocolate pie, pecan pie, rhubarb pie, huckleberry pie, chess pie (wow!), and lowfat Blueberry Crumble pie. This all enjoyed with some fun and intelligent women that I don't get to see enough of. (OK, OK, of whom I don't see enough?)

If that wasn't enough, for dinner (late, after the science fair), I had an AMAZING low-fat beef pie with a crust that was made from potatoes+ that was made especially for me by another caring friend, then had a little blackberry and banana cream pie for dessert. What a day.

I've completely neglected the many knitting projects I have going, but the picture at the top is most of the stuff I have on the needles right now.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Pi day! How have I never heard of this before??! 'Cause I love any excuse for pie! Genious.

    ReplyDelete